Thursday, January 18, 2007

You're Hired!

Starting this afternoon, we will be having someone in to clean. I'm not sure how I feel about it. In some ways it feels like I've failed as a woman, a wife and a mother. I'm sure I won't feel that way as of next Friday at 3:30, when the house has been cleaned for the first time. Honestly though, I know that I need the help. I'm thankful that we are able to do this, and am looking forward to having a clean and tidied up house. I know that I need to start relying more on others in this stage of my life. I hope that one day I will be able to do all of this again, but as of right now, that day is not here. I do know that I haven't failed, I'm growing as a person by allowing someone to help me out. God put people on this earth to help one another, and I hope that one day I'll be able to bless someone else, the same way that I'm feeling so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Mands..i totally felt the same way, but i have to tell you...i quickly got over it...today I can see the top of my dishwasher!!..that thing hasn't been clean like that in years I am sure!..my cleaning lady is great..and I feel so much better with a cleaner house!!

we have so much to deal with in our lives, and most of it is very overwhelming. I think if we can get a break on one part of life..then it just means we have more energy to give to our children, and in the end they count way more than the dust bunnies..don't you think?

enjoy!!

Diana