Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm on the Hunt!

Today was a sad day for me as a mother. Logan came home from school and we went through the regular routine. After snack, I went through his back pack for notes etc, to read about his day, since of course he can't tell me about it. Well, that is when momma bear went on the hunt!

There was this odd note "sorry about the book, it was broken over lunchtime, page pieces and pecs are in the envelope". I immediately went over to his communication book,looked fine on the outside but when I looked inside my heart sank. It looks very much like someone took scissors to every page of his book and cut the pages. There were peices of velcro with no pictures attached, pecs just sitting there. His only form of communication trashed by some kids in his class :( There wasn't even an explanation, nothing, just a meaningless sorry! I'm sorry but Logan deserves more than that. I should've been called at some point today.

First thing Monday morning, I will be calling the school for sure! This is completely unacceptable. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to say yet, but I'm calling. I'll go to the school if I have to. This is totally new territory for me, but I know that I'll be demanding more supervision in the class. There will have to be discussion in class about how valuable this binder is to Logan. It's his voice!

I'm just so sad for Logan, he's so quiet and passive, how could they do something like this to him :( It's times like this I'm thankful that he doesn't fully understand what's going on, and doesn't understand the social implications of it.

Please pray for Steve and I as we try to deal with this. We both were so heartbroken tonight.

No comments: