Monday, January 22, 2007

Yesterday

It was a great day yesterday. I don't get to say that very often on a Sunday, often times it's very long, with the kids testing us, Steve and I both tired. But yesterday all seemed to fall into place. It was a day of rest.

It was a long night on Saturday night. Justus was up twice in the night, so Sunday really could've been gloomy. But...Sunday School went fabulously for the kids so I got to stay upstairs for the entire service. I didn't hear Abby cry at all!! Then we came home for quick lunch and Steve left for Woodford. This is usually the time that the kids are cranky, testing my patience. But it didn't happen. Justus laid down for a nap. The kids settled into watching their movie, and I sat with them getting some great cuddles. When Steve got home, I told him some wonderful news. Kati was coming over to the house to watch the kids so we could NAP, at the same time! it's been almost 6 years since we've been able to do this on a Sunday afternoon. It was great :) For supper we decided to be brave, the day had gone SO well, off we trodded to Pizza Delight, AS A WHOLE FAMILY. We asked Kati to come along with us, just in case. But truth be told, they did wonderfully. It was such a peaceful blessed day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wohooo...can't get better than that!!

congrats..

Diana