Saturday, January 13, 2007

Reflections

Well, this has been a good week. I'm very pleased with everything that is happening. The kids are really doing wonderfully. Since the start of 2007, all 13 days of it, all three kids have really been blossoming. I think this year holds many good things for them.

Logans language has become much more clear. He's articulating words like we've never heard him before. I really think school has done great things to help bring this along. The other day he asked for juice, and I said, " ok go get your cup for me" well, he couldn't find it, but abby had just finished her juice and put her cup down and Logan went running over to it and said "here it is"! It was exciting because we've never taught him that phrase, he's picking it up through his environment! It made me feel a bit more optimistic about his future, and wondered how much functional language is going on in his head and is just unable to say.

Abby too is very much blossoming into a little lady. We are hearing more words from her as well. Steve and I have commented lately that if she could just regulate her moods a little more, she'd really be doing great as it's the extreme fluctuations that get in the way. We have an appt with a pediatrician to talk about it. But she is really doing great at school, and the kids in her class are really helping to include her in that classroom.

Justus is a champion! WOW is all I have to say. This boy cruises along the furniture like nothing I have ever seen. FAST! He's also been mimicking alot of what we say. He says "uhoh" and "ok", he's even repeated tickle, ball, cup, baby! It's so amazing because we missed this with our own kids. I marvel at this stage. This is whole new territory for me, and I have to admit I'm feeling a little inadequate.

There are 49 days til Steve and I leave for our vacation! Wow, time sure does fly~but I'm excited. We're also headed to the Baptist Minister's Retreat next month. It's over our annivesary this year. I think we're going to book ourselves a massage or something at the spa located at the venue this year. :) I think we deserve that, I mean, we made it through 7 years!!! I'm just kidding, our adventure has been great, and I don't regret it one bit, nor am I surprised we made it this far. We're in it for the long haul because we love each other too much to not be together. Life has been full of ups and downs, but I'm just glad we have each other to see it to the other side. Enough sap!

No comments: