Sunday, May 27, 2007

Writing

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a much darker writer than my counterpart Steve. I'm writing a short story for school, and I read him the first few paragraphs, and his response was "wow, hmmm, ok, not what I was expecting plot wise." LOL. Steve is the happy, go lucky writer, I'm the dark, depressing one. I think Steve may see a new side to me in this process.
I've always been drawn to heavier peices, no gruesome stuff, just darker themes. It intrigues me. Life and emotion throughout, they still ring true but darker. Family battles, inward struggles, you name it...I eat it up.
The story I'm writing now probably won't be for my assignment, rather just for my portfolio. But it's kind of fun. It's been since high school since I've written a fictional short. It's exciting! Took me awhile to figure out what to write, but now that it's figured out, I'm loving it.

No comments: