Friday, May 25, 2007

First Assignment

Today I sat down to write for the first time in a very long time. I find it invigorating. I love the way words come to the forefront of my mind, and I'm just able to put down on paper how I feel. It's always been a strong suit of mine, and I'm thankful for the gift. I love to especially write poetry. This is the first unit I chose, seeing as I'm just getting back into school after a very long hiatus.
I was inspired by Emma for this poem, it's not how I think she'll feel, but just by the whole situation. It's not the final draft, so please be gentle. I'd love to hear feedback if you've got any!

Lost and Found

Cooing from the cradle
Quiet stirrings bring
Bittersweet emotion
Loving everything

Such a pretty princess
Dainty little hands
Secrets hiding underneath
It is the master plan

Growing up to girlhood
Testing waters edge
Demanding conversation
Will it never end

Questions far from answered
Longings left unmet
Loneliness ensuing
Abandonment regrets

Honesty is chosen
Truth wins out again
Memories come flooding
Realizations begin

Relationships rekindled
Forgiveness freely given
Past is left behind
Life renewed again

No comments: