Saturday, September 30, 2006

Coughs, Rolls and Parades, Oh My!

Well, we are overrun with snot, coughs, fevers, chills etc. First Justus, then me, then Logan and finally ending up on Abby. Why isn't Steve in this mix you might ask??? Well, that's what I want to know too! Thankfully I seem to have it the worst, so far anyway. I don't think I could handle the kids feeling the way I do AND me feeling this way. Justus seems to be on the mend, which is wonderful. Logan's cough isn't as bad today. And Abby's nose is just plugged. But me, whew, I feel rotten.

Justus has officially gone mobile! He's rolling ALL over the place. His favourite place to stay is under the coffee table. Loves to play with the legs, LOL. I've even caught him on his hands and knees, trying to get up to rock himself forward...won't be long before life gets VERY interesting.

Last night there was a parade. We all got bundled up and watched it. It is so great living in a small community where you do this sort of thing :) I really enjoyed myself, (other than the cold aggrivating my breathing). The kids liked it too, although there were a few things that Logan didn't enjoy so much (loud firetruck sirens, a cow mooing). Abby was happy since she got not one but TWO apples during the parade. One even came from our MP, Larry Miller! Justus was happy watching everything go by.

My favourite moment last night? When all of the kids classmates started saying "hi". I was just so touched that they would reach out. We really appreciated it. Logan even waved and said hi back to a couple. That made me feel so confident that we made the right decision to send them to a regular school and have them fully integrated. :)

No comments: