Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What a Week!!

This has been quite the week, and will continue to be until the end!

Yesterday was Logan's first day of school. He really did great, and looked all grown up getting on the bus. He seemed very happy when he got home, glad to see everyone. I sure was glad he had a good day. I can't believe he's 5 years old, and in Senior Kindergarten already. I remember so vividly the day he was born, and it's a surreal feeling sending him off to school. It's all good, a passage of life. One that both mother and son need to go through I think.

Today is my girl's 4th birthday. Abby really is a gem, and I love her to peices. I'm feeling quite reminicent today. Four years ago, I was one happy lady. After my accident in June, I was more than ready to give birth. The added weight on the front of me sure didn't help my neck pain. But more than that, I knew this little girl would be a treasure in my life and that God had great things in store for her life. How else could she survive such a horrible accident? Today Abby is a vibrant girl, who spreads so much joy to those around her. I'm so proud of her and how much she has overcome in her life. I thank God everyday that He spared her life that day in June, that He had his hand on her brain that the cysts turned out to be nothing. I wait expectantly to see what else He has in store for her.

Abby was so happy this morning opening up her presents. Why wouldn't she be? She got the nursery addition to her Dora Dollhouse! It was amazing to watch her play. I didn't realize how much she watched Steve and I with Justus, but she was a natural with those twins! She put them in the swing and off they go swinging, onto the change table for a diaper change. It really was great to see her playskills emerging!!! I nearly cried.

Thankfully Justus is on an even slope right now. Nothing major going on with him, just the status quo. Well, status quo for a 5 month old anyway. But no major life events, so that's good. Couldn't handle much more than what we have going on anyway.

1 comment:

SJBedard said...

This certainly has been an exciting and emotional week. What wonderful kids we have. I am very proud of them!