Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bad at blogging lol

Well, I must admit...I'm a horrible blogger...I apologize for not updating. Will you please forgive me?!?!

I had an amazing time in Calgary. I spent a few days with my aunt and uncle, and in that time celebrated my cousins birthday, went to the zoo and did LOTS of shopping :). I was loved and doted on, and I felt very blessed to be in their home. I then went to my friends house, and spent the remainder of my time with them. Their kids made me smile, and helped me not miss my own so much! Lindsay really listened to me jabber away about nothing, and it was great to spend time with her again. I love when you can meet up with a friend, whom you haven't seen in years, and fall right back into step. I went to Drumheller for the first time, and enjoyed the flying trip through the dinosaur museum. Thank you to my wonderful hostesses for your love and friendship. You made my time away refreshing, and I will never forget my time with you.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to spend my time with 17 other pastors wives at a camp in Reaboro, ON. What an amazing experience. I appreciated my time away, and felt so at ease to talk about so many issues. It was great to be real, and see women from 27 to 80 laugh and carry on with no generational barriers at all. During one of the devotionals on mentoring, someone shared this little acronym.

Ministry
Encouragement
Nurturing
Teaching
Overseer
Reccomend

I really felt that this was so powerful. We as individuals HAVE mentors and ARE mentors, whether we realize this or not. It encouraged me, and I appreciated it so much. Another quote that I loved from the weekend was from Anne Graham Lotts "With every person you meet you either build a bridge or a wall". My prayer is that I will only build bridges. I am looking forward to my time away again next year!

Kudos goes to my husband, without him I would be unable to experience any of these wonderful times, and I love him very much for it. Steve, you are a wonderful husband and father and I love you for who you are. You're a gem and I'm so lucky to have you!

No comments: