Monday, February 26, 2007

Roll Up the Rim time...

Today we discovered an irony...we gave up Tim Horton's for Lent. At the bank this morning, I thought Steve's eyes were going to POP out of his face...the poor guy. It's that beloved time of the year "Roll up the Rim to Win". Can I just say that this is Steve's FAVOURITE time of the year, he lives for "Roll up the Rim". I could tell that he was feeling a bit sad of our decision, this may be an understatement. I quickly reminded him however, that the contest doesn't end until early May...lots of time between easter and May to get his beloved cups. I think that his decision waivered for a minute or two...what happens if we don't win anything?!?! I think this will be a good lesson for Lent...a very meaningful time to give up the beloved coffee and "dobutts".

2 comments:

SJBedard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SJBedard said...

I must confess that my heart did drop. But I guess that is the whole point of Lent, to give up something that we really want. There is no use me giving up liver or cottage cheese. I also reminded my self that I rarely win anything anyway on roll up the win. I will get through this with God's help.