Friday, February 02, 2007

I survived

I had my MRI this morning, and survived it. I was sedated for it, as I am VERY claustrophobic. It wasn't too bad I guess, it was 45 minutes long and very loud. I got to listen to a Norah Jones CD, but the machine drowned out the music. I hope that I never have to do that again. It wasn't the worst experience of my life, but it certainly was surreal.

I should have the results back in a week or ten days. This will be a long week for sure! I'm hoping for a clear scan, although that will leave a lot of unanswered questions. My doctor will meet with me irregardless of the results though, so that is good to know. She understands that I'm having a difficult time, and will work to get to the bottom of my symptoms. If the scan does show something, then I will have more tests as well and it will be a time of reflection.

It was nice to hear that the neuro, that I thought had completely disregarded my symptoms, has the same thoughts as my family doc. Steve spoke with her yesterday about the experience with him and how I was feeling. *I may have said that yesterday, I don't remember, sorry if I just retold you info that you don't need to know* and she reassured Steve that they were thinking the same thing, and they will get to the bottom of it. The MRI should either rule out or confirm what they are suspecting.

If this post is difficult to understand, I apologize. I'm still feeling the affects of the valium that I had before the scan.

No comments: