Friday, November 03, 2006

Winter Wonderland

This morning we woke to a blanket of snow probably a foot and a half now. It's never a good thing when the sound of the snow plow wakes you up!! It actually looks very beautiful. This morning during therapy time, we got the kids all bundled up and went outside to play. Even Justus joined in the fun!!! It's so great to see the kids playing and laughing. Abby's love for snow is definitely increasing. Her first winter that she could play(around 2003), she sat there in a pile of snow and didn't move the entire time. It was a rather pathetic sight, but this year, she's so excited. Laughing, throwing it up in the air, and the ultimate....EATING! I swear my kids never need juice in the winter, they get all their hydration from the snow.

I'm finally starting to get back into routine since being sick. I've been to the gym a few times this week. This morning I decided to try out the sauna there. WOW, is it ever hot. 144 F. It's not a bad heat though. I wouldn't want the summer to be like that all the time, but for 30 min intervals, it's not that bad! My skin feels amazing, it's so soft. I'm trying to decide whether I like it enough to pay extra. We get three trials and from there have to pay. I think it's a nice treat for myself...much better than eating donuts, that's for sure!!!!

The new furnace is finally installed. I can't believe the difference. I wish we did it right away when we bought the house, but am thankful that its done. Before we got it done, there was always a chill in the air, because we kept the heat down (electric heat is EXPENSIVE) but even when they were on, I found we were getting a lot of nosebleeds. It was an awesome investment. One that we will reap the benefits of for sure.

Just another week or so and then the BIG construction starts. On Nov 10, we lose our indoor stairs, and won't have stairs until Nov 25! It's a big job, but I'm hoping that it will be just as great an investment as the furnace is. I can't wait til everything is finished and we can just put the finishing touches on the house. We have some decisions to make about flooring and whatnot, but that can wait a bit. I'm just so excited to know what the final product is going to look like.

On Nov 11, we have a Children's Rally at the church. Students from Word Of Life are coming to put it on. I hope to have a good turnout. We are doing a flyer drop tomorrow. I hope the weather holds out. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! I found this poem and sent it Steve. It is about having children with special needs and how it feels. I got this poem in school and thought of you guys and the family I work for!
Enjoy!
http://www.our-kids.org/Archives/Holland.html

Jennifer