Sunday, November 26, 2006

Reno's and More

Well, the stairs are in, and they are beautiful. It just feels like they have always been there. It's such a joy to be able to go up and down INSIDE. But this week the weather has been wonderful, so it wasn't that big of a deal to go outside. Just a little anxious going down into a dark backyard when skunks and other animals inhabit the woods behind our house!

My parents were here this weekend. We had a great visit. They helped with figuring out how much flooring we needed. We ended up buying some ceramic tiles for the front entrance and then up and down stairs we'll be doing hardwood! It is crazy to think that the hardwood was actually CHEAPER than going with carpet and vinyl. It's much prettier too. My dad is coming back in two weeks to help us install it. Yay for dad's!!!

I have no idea where the Christmas tree is going this year. With all the renovations, it's difficult to know exactly where to put it. But I guess it'll be going up late this year AFTER the new floor is in. When Steve and I were first married, the tree and everything went up November 1st. Now, 7 Christmas's later, it looks like decorations won't be up until 10 days before Christmas, if that. I think it's more challenging too when you have young kids. I can't trust the kids not to climb the tree! Oh the fun and joy of Christmas!

This weekend is a big event at church. We are doing a community Turkey dinner...headed up by none other than ME :S Who let that crazy woman be in charge of things? Just kidding, things are coming together wonderfully. I'm really excited to see how it will all go. Please pray that we have a good turnout and that God will use us to further His kingdom. Please also pray that all the details come together and I dont' totally flop on my face.

No comments: