Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not very good at this, am I?

Life has been crazy, so many things get neglected...this blog being one of them. I'm actually surprised by the fact that Steve keeps his more up to date than mine...wow! I'm glad he does though because he thoughts are quite interesting. You can read it here.

Justus started crawling a few days ago! The kids aren't sure what to make of it. As the days go by and Justus becomes more confident, he creeps up to the kids and grabs their pantlegs etc. Abby has a look of absolute disgust, and Logan just keeps moving! It's really cute to watch. Look out once Justus really gets onto this crawling business, I'm sure the arguments will begin!!! We go to the pediatrician soon to talk about his hip/leg/foot issues. I do see it affecting even his crawling, so we'll have it looked at for sure.

Yesterday we received a Tech Speak for Logan from a friend of ours (thanks Di) who had outgrown this system and upgraded to a higher tech version. It's a voice output system. So it works similar to Logan's Picture Exchange, only he presses the buttons (similar to the ones he uses to build his sentences now) and it talks. I think it'll be great for him. As soon as we took it out of the box, Logan was already over and touching the buttons. I'm exciting to see him learn how to use it. I think it will be a great way for Logan to be more interactive with his peers at school...there is a "I like that", "that's cool", and "my turn" "your turn". There is also a spot where we can record his show and tell. I think it will really expand his communication abilities.

Abby is as beautiful and mischeivious as ever! That girl keeps us on our toes. She is so cute though, as her vocabulary is starting to come in. Every night before bed we go through our prayers and then say goodnight, I'll see you in the morning...and Abby always says "OK" in her cute little girl voice. She's also started to pick up phrases, one of the funniest ones is "what should I do now?" So we're in the bathroom and she's saying "what should I do now?" or playing with her dolls and wanting to move to another activity "what should I do now" It's very adorable. It's neat that she is using her echolalia appropriately. She picked that phrase up from one of her therapists who was going over some programs with her supervisor and asked that question....well, Abby's now clung to that for at least 3 weeks.

There are 116 days until Steve and I board Carnival Freedom in Venice!!!! Can you tell I'm excited??!? Actually, the carnival website counted it down for us, but I think I'm SOOO ready for that vacation. We dropped off our Passports at Larry Millers office, he's our MP. Our final deposit on the trip is coming up too. So it's all coming together. I would highly recommend our travel agents. They have been so helpful and have found us the best deals. Thanks Dave and Lil!

Thats all for now folks.

No comments: