Friday, December 14, 2007

What a Week!

This week has been incredibly difficult for me as a mother. Logan was having some trouble on the bus, and this week it has exploded into a huge mess! I won't go into a lot of details, but let's just say I'm pretty disappointed with the bus company and in particular the bus driver. There have been some unacceptable things happening on the bus, and judgement calls made by the driver that have made that momma bear instinct come right to the playing field. Thankfully the school is 100% behind us and are working towards a solution to the problem. Hopefully by the end of this, we'll have some order back to our lives, and Logan can once again be happy on the bus.


It is so difficult to know how to react and advocate for Logan when he is non-verbal. He can't say all that's happened, but his behaviour is speaking volumes, and that is what is stressing me out. For those of you who know Logan well, you'll know that when he cries or is upset, the whole world will cry with him. He's just such a happy guy, so when something hurts him, it hurts everyone. This week has been very difficult not only for me, but for him too, and that is what concerns me the most.


I will admit that I don't handle stress well. I can step up to the plate and do what needs to be done, but it manifests itself in other ways. This week it has shown itself as insomnia which in turn has given me a migraine that's lasted 5 days now with no reprieve. I need relief from all of this. It's just been so hard to see him like this.


Funny how a good week can turn into a mess so quickly. Last week I was praying for an easy week because I was having trouble watching Justus and Emma develop and move on from the stages they were in, and now this week, I am longing to deal with that again. That is all so much easier than this. That was all good stress, this week is very bad stress and I've just had enough!

No comments: