Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Abby!


My daughter Abby turns 5 today! Seems like just yesterday we were heading to the hospital to be induced. We were SO excited. Abby had already lived through such amazing things, we knew God had something special for her. During a routine ultrasound, they found cysts on her brain, we had no idea how this might affect her. It didn't. Then when I was 7.5 months pregnant with her, I was in a bad car accident, rolled the car three times...it was bad. Yet there she was on the monitor, doing just fine. God has had His hand on her. He knew her before "she was knit together in my womb" and has been looking out for her since. Her heartbeat dropped really low during delivery too. She turned out fine!

I'm so proud of her. I love to listen to her laugh hysterically, that throaty laugh...it's so contagious. She enjoys so much of life. Everyone who meets her, loves her. She may have autism, but she touches people. She is so genuine, so pure. I love her for that.

I hope that she has a wonderful day, and that she enjoys it for all it's worth!


"Happy Birthday Big Girl!!!"

No comments: